The Kyocera Echo caught my attention as I was researching the new mobile devices supported by ROAMdata’s G3x swiper. This unusual name packs a big punch in the mobile arena with a customized app that allows users to manage their battery life.
Users can pre-determine when they would like their device to switch to low-power mode based on battery life. This feature can be especially helpful for PaymentMax clients who accept credit cards on their mobile phones. Battery life equals sales!
Another feature attractive to mobile merchants is the Kyocera Echo’s durability. Kyocera used a super copper alloy and through strength analysis created a 3-dimensional hinge so unique it has SIX patents pending.
Accepting credit cards on the Kyocera Echo is fast and easy. All you need is your mobile device, PaymentMax merchant account, mobile credit card processing app, and credit card swiper (if you choose).
Busy people on-the-go have noticed a gratifying trend these days…the mobile food trend! Long gone are the boring days of hot dogs, pretzels, and ice cream. Mobile food has gone gourmet! Some popular LA mobile food vendors are now serving crepes, kimchi tacos, osso buco, and velvet cupcakes. Yummo!
This growing taste for gourmet is due, in large part, to advancing technology like mobile credit card processing. Smartphones and Tablets equipped with a mobile credit card processing app have enabled mobile food vendors to accept payment from their customers anywhere, from street corner to fair. No wires needed.
The Nexus 7 from Google is the latest tablet on the market capable of accepting credit and debit cards in a mobile environment. It has quickly become a favorite among our clients because of its hefty 8 hour battery life and scratch resistant corning glass although I am sure the NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad core processor and 4.1 jelly bean OS are equally desirable!
For more information on accepting credit cards on smartphones or tablets visit www.paymentmax.com.
ROAMdata just announced that the Motorola XYBOARD tablet is now compatible with the G2 Swiper. Great news for our mobile merchants using Motorola’s latest tablet to process credit cards on the go.
Here are the benefits of accepting credit cards with the Motorola XYBOARD.
1. Mobility – Accept all major credit and debit cards anywhere, at anytime with the slim 8.8 mm tablet. No signal-no problem! ROAMpay G2 processes offline.
2. Security – Process your customers bank cards with confidence. All sensitive card information is encrypted and is never stored on your device. The XYBOARD also comes equipped with “business ready,” an encryption that protects all files and email information on the device.
3. Easy and Fast Transactions – Plug the G2 reader into the XYBOARD audio jack, put in your password, and swipe those cards! User-friendly interface and pre-populated screens make transactions a snap, especially when there is a dual-core processor involved.
4. Eco-Friendly – No paper, no waste! Mobile transaction receipts are emailed directly to your customer.
5. Customer Friendly – Customers love mobile credit card processing because they get to see the transaction in process, they never lose sight of their card, and emailed receipts are perfect for record-keeping.
Getting started accepting credit cards on the Motorola XYBOARD is fast and simple. For more information visit www.paymentmax.com.
We had a great question come through our office today, “Can I process my customer’s debit card on my smartphone?”
My first thought is to say, “yes, of course you can process debit cards,” But… this answer needs a second part. Debit cards that are ran as credit cards can be processed on smartphones (swiped or keyed in as a credit card transaction).
PIN-based debit transactions are not compatible with mobile credit card apps (Customers can’t enter in their PIN number).
For more information on mobile credit card processing. Visit www.paymentmax.com.
The amount of compatible smartphones that are able to process credit cards is growing by the second. Mobile credit card processing apps are keeping up with demand, adding more and more devices to their list. Google’s mobile platform Android is among the most sought after operating systems. Here are some of the top Android Smartphones to enter the credit card processing arena.
1. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
2. Samsung Epic Touch 4G
3. HTC EVo 3D
4. HTC Rezound
5. T-Mobile Mytouch 4G Slide
We have had a lot of interest in the Kindle Fire here at the PaymentMax office. It seems that more and more of our clients have invested in the Kindle for more than just reading books. They are using their Kindle Fire to conduct business on-the-go. From interior designers to gourmet cupcake trucks, the Kindle Fire has many apps perfect for business owners.
Here are my favorite-
1. AprivaPay Credit Card Processing – A PaymentMax merchant account equipped with AprivaPay allows Kindle Fire users to accept all major credit and debit cards anywhere.
2. Maildroid – This app is useful for people who have multiple email accounts. Maildroid allows you to combine all email accounts into one place, make folders, and save email address with one touch. This mail app also autosaves messages while you type them-no more lost work!
3. Box.net -Have access to your files no matter where you are. Box.net allows cloud storage of your files from the Fire. Once stored inside the cloud, files can be accessed from your desktop, web, Fire, or any other device you are using.
4. Quick Office – This app is the solution for your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Quick Office can access files in cloud, and syncs with Box.net. Google Docs and drop box can also be synchronized.
5. ImoChat – Conduct group business chats with the all-in-one “chat app” that supports Facebook, Google Talk, and Windows Live Messenger. ImoChat also lets you share multimedia.
6. Wi-Fi Analyzer – This free app eliminates wasted time on finding the channel with the best signal. When more signal is needed, the Wi-Fi Analyzer will find the channel with the least interference. The app alos shows signal strengths over time for all nearby access points.
7. AK Notepad – This simple note taking app is perfect for putting your thoughts on the screeen. AK Notepad allows you to set reminders an dshare documents through email.
8. Wi-Fi File Explorer – No USD needed! Transfer files wirelessly from your Fire to your computer. Wi-Fi File Explorer app is only a buck.
9. AndroXplorer – This free app for the Kindle is equal to Windows Explorer. It also boosts an easy to use file management system.
10. Analytix Pro – Administrators of websites can easily monitor Google Analytics on their sites.
For more information on accepting credit cards with your Kindle Fire. Visit www.paymentmax.com
The Kindle Fire has gained popularity among mobile merchants because of it’s attractive price tag. They can run their businesses (completely mobile) for about 1/2 the cost of Apple’s iPad. The Kindle Fire processes all major credit and debit cards with a few finger strokes.
Kindle Fire’s 7 inch screen comes equipped with IPS (in-plane switching) technology for an extra-wide viewing angle. IPS allows easy sharing of Kindle’s screen with others. Customer’s especially like to see their credit card transaction taking place in front of them. Their card never loses their sight.
Processing credit cards on the Kindle Fire is web-based. Clients have reported that the Kindle responds to requests ultra-fast because of it’s split-browser. The browser is split between Amazon Silk and Amazon Web Services Cloud (AWS) reducing loading and transit times.
Watch the Video:
It is easy to start accepting credit cards on the Kindle Fire. For more information visit www.paymentmax.com
Over the weekend, I received 5 questions regarding the ROAMpay X mobile credit card app. Mobile merchants wanted to know if they could still process credit cards on their iPod with no WiFi access.
The answer is absolutely! ROAMpay X will allow users to process credit cards offline. Once there is a WiFi connection log on to your account and select online mode. The offline transaction will automatically be processed.
For more information on smartphone credit card processing, merchant accounts, or PaymentMax visit www.paymentmax.com.
Every time I read the paper, turn on the news, or talk to merchants I am reminded that there are credit card thieves out there just waiting to make their next scam. PCI compliant devices and gateways greatly reduce the risk of data compromise. New online businesses or ones that would like to be more PCI compliant should take a look at First Data Global Gateway e4SM. It offers level II/III processing for merchants of all sizes.
Here are the benefits of the e4.
- Accept all major credit and debit cards plus PayPal integration.
- Easy to use interface, simple API’s.
- Compatible with a broad range of shopping carts.
- Simple Batch processing interface.
- Level II/III processing.
- Secure and compliant gateway with redundant infrastructure and 24/7 availability.
- International payment processing.
- AVS/CVV processing.
- Multiple currency support.
- Fraud/Velocity Controls.
- 3D secure.
- TransArmor (tokenized transactions).
- Real time, dynamic reporting capabilities.
- Vast transaction search capabilities.
- Integrated recurring billing (fixed and variable amounts).
- Customized receipts.
- Multi-language support.
- 24/7 support.
For more information on accepting credit cards online, the Global Gateway e4SM, merchant accounts, or PCI compliance visit www.paymentmax.com.
PaymentMax is happy to announce the latest and greatest mobile credit card reader from ROAMdata: The ROAMpay G3X.
Here are the benefits:
- The ROAMpay G3X comes equipped with enhanced security features to prevent credit card fraud that plaques other non-encrypted mobile credit readers.
- Compatible with hundreds of mobile devices: iOs, Android, BlackBerry, PC and Mac.
- Three times more device coverage than all other companies combined.
- Equipped with the latest technology: NFC (near field communication) and EMV (Europay).
- Mobile solutions such as mobile check-out, mobile offers, and mobile wallet.
- Lowest cost of ownership.
For more information on mobile credit card processing, visit www.paymentmax.com